The current economic downturn has led to more companies filing for bankruptcy than ever, which has created a corresponding increase in the demand for bankruptcy lawyers. As a bankruptcy lawyer, you may wonder how to get more law firm bankruptcy clients in this competitive market.
With the rise of online search and social media, it is essential for bankruptcy attorneys to create a comprehensive digital marketing strategy that targets their ideal audience. The good news is that there are several methods of effective digital marketing for bankruptcy lawyers that you can use to get your law firm noticed. From optimizing bankruptcy law firm websites for search engine optimization (SEO) rankings to using social media to build your brand, there are a number of ways to get your name out there.
This article will share the best strategies for digital marketing for bankruptcy attorneys.
The 3M Approach for Bankruptcy Law Firm Marketing
Since bankruptcy attorneys don’t keep bankrupt clients for the long term, lawyers need a digital marketing strategy that generates sufficient qualified leads to keep the lights on at the office and have a thriving, successful business. Effective marketing for bankruptcy attorneys should incorporate the 3 M’s:
- Market: You must target your audience, prospective clients considering filing for bankruptcy.
- Message: Your marketing should send a message that your legal services offer solutions for people that need help.
- Media/Medium: Online websites, social media, law firm video content, legal podcasts, etc.
Most lawyers who advertise will favor one M over the other, but all three are equally important. The 3M model is a great way to understand how digital marketing tools like SEO campaigns, PPC ads, and website optimization can uncover new opportunities and drive success.
If PPC, SEO, and website design are the body, then this 3M method is the soul. Keyword targeting and website design will not work if you don't know who (target audience with their requirements and wants), why (your message and answers to their issues), and how (you're going to achieve it).
Website Design for Bankruptcy Attorneys: Establish Online Presence With a Professional Website
When contacting a web design agency for law firms, keep in mind that your website is your foundation for your bankruptcy attorney marketing, as all off-website marketing, including word of mouth and referrals from former clients, will direct future clients to your bankruptcy law firm's website.
- Professional law firm web design: A bankruptcy law firm should take its online presence seriously. The website is often the first point of contact between the firm and a potential client, so it's important to make a good impression. When it comes to web design, there are a few key elements that you should include. The site should be easy to use and navigate with a seamless interface. It should have a strong call-to-action (CTA) that encourages visitors to contact the bankruptcy firm or do what you want them to do. Additionally, the site should include the firm's contact information so potential clients can easily get in touch.
- Mobile-friendly: More than half of global website traffic is now mobile. A website must be mobile-friendly - with readable text and easily clickable navigation. You can test a website with Google’s mobile-friendly test tool or several Android and iOS device emulators.
- High page speed: No one likes a slow-loading website, and Google and other search engine algorithms recognize this. Google has been taking page speed into account as far back as 2010. Page speed is also a ranking factor for mobile search queries and ads.
- SEO optimized for the right keywords: Your bankruptcy website must have content for bankruptcy lawyer websites and be optimized properly for search queries.
- Provide client testimonials, trust badges, and case studies: As a bankruptcy law firm, your website must inspire confidence in your potential clients. One of the best ways to do so is to provide testimonials from past clients and badges from well-known organizations. You can also offer case studies detailing how you've helped clients.
- Incorporate Live Chat: You want to make it as easy as possible for future clients to reach out to you and get the help they need. Live chat is a great way to provide prospective clients with instant assistance by being available to answer their questions in real-time. A live chat pops up on the screen, and visitors can click it to inquire about a matter.
Provide Valuable Bankruptcy Content
Getting bankruptcy clients takes more than just being a good bankruptcy lawyer. High-quality, relevant legal content is a necessity for success in bankruptcy law firm digital marketing. Content for bankruptcy lawyer websites should be unique, engaging, and specific.
Although good content will help you rank in search engines, you should write your content for your specific target audience, not a search engine.
Google says in their developer guide that content if it is compelling and useful, will influence your website more than any other factor.
Content is a huge part of SEO for bankruptcy law firms. It is hard to have a successful website for digital marketing for bankruptcy lawyers without quality content. Below are listed some of the most important components that any bankruptcy law website should contain.
1. Bankruptcy Lawyer Websites Blog Posts
Blog posts check a few boxes for a website's bankruptcy attorney marketing strategy. You are providing your visitors with the latest news or updates and providing search engines with regular updates to your website. Like the practice area content on your website, legal blog content should be well-written and easy to follow. Find new bankruptcy topics to write about, and do not post duplicate or near-duplicate content.
2. Resources Pages
As an attorney and a subject matter expert, you are qualified to present information and resources to your and potential clients. Use your bankruptcy law firm's website to offer information. You can provide ‘gated’ content, such as a white paper or ebook, that users can access if they provide their contact information.
3. FAQ Pages
A Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page is an excellent opportunity for bankruptcy attorneys to rank organically in search engines for long-tail search keywords that your visitors might ask, such as:
- How long does it take to file chapter 7 bankruptcy in Florida?
- How can a bankruptcy attorney help me with student loans?
- How does bankruptcy affect your tax return in New York?
- Can you keep your house and file for bankruptcy in Arizona?
Along with ranking organically for longer search queries, your FAQ content could be selected as a featured snippet, a highlighted excerpt of text that appears in what is informally known as ‘Position #0’ - above everything else. These are sometimes called ‘answer boxes’ and are essentially free ads that Google gives you for relevant information.
4. Insights or News Page
It could be a page on your website where you share your thoughts and analysis on current bankruptcy cases or developments in insolvency law. You can also share news and press releases related to your law firm. These types of content would be useful for current and potential clients who want to stay up-to-date on the latest news in the law field.
It's difficult to determine whether news material improves your ranking. However, such a page should be part of your legal marketing for bankruptcy lawyers because it allows you to showcase your expertise.
The use of video in content marketing is on the rise, and for good reason. Not only is video more engaging than other types of content, but it's also more likely to be shared and remembered. And when it comes to bankruptcy law, a video can be a great way to explain the process and help prospective clients understand what they need to do to get started.
6. Podcasts and Webinars
These mediums are ideal for sharing timely information on bankruptcy law and procedure and answering frequently asked questions from clients and potential clients. And because podcasts and webinars are easy to share and distribute, you can reach a wider audience with your content. You can also repurpose them into other content types, such as blog posts or articles.
Implement SEO Strategies to Grow Your Bankruptcy Law Practice
Search engine optimization strategies are the steps you take to position your website to rank in search engines. These can be one-time steps like optimizing your website’s navigation menu, installing a mega footer, and ongoing programs like bi-weekly blog posts or regular updates to your law firm's Google Business Profile.
Build Your Bankruptcy Law Firm Content Around Bankruptcy Keywords
If you're looking to build your bankruptcy law firm's content around bankruptcy keywords, there are a few things you'll need to keep in mind. First, you'll need to ensure you're targeting the right keywords. There are a lot of bankruptcy-related keywords out there, but not all of them will be relevant to your firm. This means using the right keywords in the right places and making sure your site is accessible for search engines to find.
Second, you'll need to make sure the content for bankruptcy lawyer websites is high quality with your target audience in mind. Content is essential for generating traffic to your website and new clients to your firm. Bankruptcy is a complex topic, and you'll need to ensure your content is accurate and informative. The content on your bankruptcy lawyer websites can take many forms, including:
- Evergreen practice area pages
- Long-form content (this increases the time your website visitors spend on your website)
- Time-sensitive blog posts
- White papers / E-books
- Shareable infographics
- Law firm social media posts
- Video FAQs.
Incorporate On-Page SEO
On-page SEO, sometimes called onsite optimization, is everything you do on your law firm website to optimize your website’s placement on Google search results pages. More than half of online searches are non-branded (for example, Houston bankruptcy lawyer), so your content must be relevant to attract potential clients. Elements of on-page SEO include:
- Website structure, titles tags, page headings, and meta descriptions
- Website speed
- Website navigation
- Internal link (quality and count)
- Image optimization
- URL structure
- SSL security certificate (Google prefers this for all websites, but it is essential if you accept payments)
- Website and SEO maintenance, such as fixing crawl errors
- Mobile optimization
While your SEO targets search engines, you cannot forget the user experience (UX) element. Once your potential clients have found you, your website should provide an impactful and meaningful experience that will make website visitors want to take the next step and contact you.
Incorporate Off-Page SEO
Off-site SEO refers to everything you do off of your website to improve ranking in search engine results pages. This includes your listings in legal directories like Lawyers.com and Avvo, getting reviews, and social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
A major part of off-page SEO is getting links from other websites, especially relevant, reputable, and trustworthy sites. Link building is where attorneys who do SEO in-house can get into trouble.
Clients can use several different legal directories to find information on potential bankruptcy law firms and attorneys. They include information on millions of lawyers in the US, including contact information, practice areas, and even peer ratings.
Search for a law directory using search engines such as Bing and Google. Then, claim or create your legal firm's free listings on local and state bar directory websites like Martindale-Hubbell, Avvo, and Justia. Martindale-Hubbell, for example, is one of the most well-known legal-specific search directories with over one million profiles. There, you can create a profile to make your firm more easily found and reviewed.
When selecting a legal directory, keep the following in mind:
- It should be a website with a lot of traffic
- It should increase your visibility to potential clients
- It should help your company grow by increasing referrals from the legal directory.
- It should have the option to add content to your profile
Social Media Account
You can use social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to advertise services, engage with future clients, and build relationships with referral sources. They also help build your firm's reputation, increase brand awareness, and generate bankruptcy leads. Not to mention, it's a great way to connect with potential and current clients.
Some tips on incorporating a social media account into your bankruptcy lawyers marketing:
- Choose the right platform to create content that resonates with your audience.
- Upload exciting content on the platform and add compelling CTAs.
- Add a clickable link to your bankruptcy law firm’s website on your social media bio so clients can visit.
- Advertise promotions, offers, and events your law firm is having at a particular period.
- Use high-quality photos, images, infographics, clips, etc., that grab prospective clients' attention.
Good reviews can help attract new clients and boost your bankruptcy law firm. But how do you go about collecting them?
You can collect online reviews for your bankruptcy law firm in a few different ways. You can ask your clients to leave a review on your website or popular review sites like Google and Yelp. You can also send automated emails after a closed case, asking your clients to leave a review.
When you receive reviews from clients, you need to:
- Respond to positive reviews
- Thank customers who leave reviews, especially positive ones
- Address any concerns raised in negative reviews
Technical SEO is optimizing your website for search engines' discoverability and indexation of your content. The content gathered during the crawling process is stored and organized during indexing. A page has a chance of being shown as a response to relevant search queries after it is indexed.
By improving your technical SEO, you can ensure that more potential clients see your website and that your content ranks highly in search engine results pages. There are a number of technical SEO factors that you should consider for your bankruptcy law firm website, including site structure, page speed, SSL certificates, and more.
Improve Your Local Rankings as a Bankruptcy Lawyer
As a bankruptcy lawyer, you must know that improving your rankings and getting more visibility in your local area are as important as the general SERPs. This is because most of your clients will be within your area. So, keeping this in mind increases your chances of getting prospective clients near you. There are various ways to improve your rankings.
- Create a Google My Business profile for your law firm and optimize it by adding your firm’s information and quality images. Don’t forget to add relevant keywords!
- Make sure your website is optimized for local search results. This means including city and state in title tags, meta descriptions, and headers. You should also create local landing pages for your city or state.
- Focus on creating high-quality content relevant to your local area. This can include blog posts, articles, infographics, and even videos.
- Use other channels to reach a local audience, like legal directories and review sites.
Take Advantage of PPC Advertising for Bankruptcy Lawyers
PPC marketing for bankruptcy attorneys is a quick, almost immediate way for law firms to generate bankruptcy leads. PPC services for law firms are a nearly turnkey strategy because the ads are shown when you start paying.
Law firms have considerable control over the pay-per-click ad process, from how much they bid to what gets shown and where visitors land on their websites. Because (converting the website visitor to a new client) your landing page needs to be clean, well-written, and relevant to the visitor's search.
The essential part of PPC campaigns involves generating leads that are essential to your success. And while there are many ways to generate bankruptcy leads, we'll go over the five key elements of successful PPC campaigns for your bankruptcy law firm.
- Target audience. Determine the right demographic for your audience, taking age, gender, geography, and income into account.
- Compelling ads. Your ad is the first thing potential leads will see, so it's important that it's well-written and catches their attention. Your ad should be clear and concise, and it should make it obvious what your law firm does.
- The right keywords. Choosing the right keywords is essential to any successful PPC management. After choosing, you bid on the ones relevant to your practice areas.
- Testing. Your website is not the only thing you test. You also test your ads to see which to put out for clients—existing and potential—to see.
- Result tracking. It is one of the most important parts of the process. You need to measure the results to know the ads that convert and those that don’t.
Create a Landing Page That Brings Bankruptcy Leads
A landing page is essential for any bankruptcy law firm looking to increase its client base. With the right design and messaging, you can create a powerful landing page that generates a steady stream of bankruptcy leads.
- The page should be designed with the user experience in mind and should be easy to navigate.
- It should include a call to action that is clear and simple and should have plenty of information about the company, its services, and how they can help.
- It should also have an opt-in form that allows users to provide their contact details and become active leads.
- You can also feature testimonials from previous clients to showcase your success rate and build trust with new visitors.
- Use visuals such as videos, animations, and images to grab visitors' attention.
- Make sure you track your page's performance using analytics tools like Google Analytics.
Get More Qualified Bankruptcy Leads With Grow Law Firm
Bankruptcy lawyers are increasingly relying on digital marketing strategies to reach potential clients. It is important to identify target audiences and tailor bankruptcy lawyer marketing that resonates with them.
Social media platforms are effective channels for advertising services and providing helpful information. Additionally, creating a website optimized for search engines is another way to reach prospective clients. Content marketing strategies can also be beneficial for boosting visibility and building credibility in the industry.
You can also opt for the services of a professional digital marketing firm like Grow Law Firm (GLF) if you do not have the time and means. GLF conducts extensive research and analysis for your website to know the strategies needed to get quality leads.