Choosing the right advertising platform is essential to your success if you are a divorce lawyer or law firm. The correct advertising platform can help divorce lawyers target their target client demographic, reduce marketing costs, improve brand awareness and visibility, and maximize their marketing efforts. Why do these things matter? Simply put: they're how you get more clients.
This guide will provide an overview of how to leverage the power of PPC for divorce lawyers. By the end of this guide, you will:
- Get an insight into creating a keyword catalog for divorce attorneys
- Know how to write divorce attorneys ad texts
- Find out some online family law platforms
- Learn how to get your divorce law website ready
- Know how much you should spend on family law advertising
- Get a full idea of the topic and the professional law firm marketing agency you can partner with
Leverage the Power of PPC for Divorce Attorney Advertising
What can you do if you are investing in SEO but need something to quickly fill in the gaps to attract potential clients to your law firm? You can implement a solid PPC strategy. Yes, organic search will also increase qualified traffic to your website, but it may not work right away and PPC does.
Google Advertising for Divorce Lawyers
Divorce attorney advertising on Google allows lawyers to target people in specific geographical areas, income brackets, and other demographics that are most likely in need of their services.
Some of the Benefits of Google Ads are:
- Drive traffic to specific web pages. Through Google Ads, divorce lawyers can drive targeted traffic to specific web pages on their website, such as a page dedicated to divorce services or information about the lawyer's practice. This increases their visibility in the market.
- Effectively reach potential new clients. You can use Google Ads to create display ads that will show up on websites related to their practice, increasing their reach to potential customers and generating quality leads.
- Complement organic search traffic from SEO efforts. Google Ads allows businesses to optimize their search engine and customize ads, pushing your ads up the rankings. For divorce lawyers, this could mean creating campaigns tailored to particular demographics, such as age and location, or keywords related to divorce law services.
- Increase brand awareness. Divorce lawyers can ensure their message reaches the right people at the right time with targeted ads. Thereby, improving overall brand recognition and establishing themselves as authorities in their field.
Local Service Ads
Google powers LSAs. They allow businesses to appear at the top of search results when someone searches for a legal service in their area, for example, ‘Child custody lawyer in Chicago’ or ‘family lawyer near me.’ LSAs are a great way for law businesses to reach potential clients by targeting specific areas within their local market and setting up ads tailored to their customer base's needs.
The main features of LSAs include a featured profile with photos, customer ratings, contact information, years of service, comprehensive customer reviews, working hours, and access to Google My Business profiles and insights.
Pros of Google Local Services Ads:
- Highly visible placement. LSAs appear at the top of Google search results, giving them prime real estate in search.
- Targeted advertising. When setting up an LSA campaign, businesses can choose their geographic target area, so they are only reaching potential customers in their area.
- Increased visibility. LSAs help businesses stand out by adding professional profiles and reviews to their listing.
- Cost-effective. Compared to other forms of online marketing, LSAs can be a cost-effective way to generate leads.
Cons of Google Local Services Ads:
- Limited budget options. With LSAs, businesses must set a daily budget for their campaigns, so it’s important to be mindful of how much you’re willing to spend. Also, you may overspend on ineffective campaigns if you don’t use proper tracking and analytics.
- Not available everywhere. LSAs are only available in select markets, so businesses should check availability before choosing them.
- Time-consuming. It requires a significant amount of time to manage and monitor your campaigns.
Overall, Google Ads is one of the strongest ad platforms for divorce lawyers. You may not be familiar with using Google for law firm advertising, but you most likely see the results of it several times a day.
Google Ads are the top few search results that you see when you use Google to search for things. The order is Google Ads, local search, and organic search results.
PPC ads provide features that allow law firms to track their results in real-time, adjust bids based on performance and budget, and create ad campaigns with highly targeted messaging.
Advantages of PPC ads:
- Targeted audiences - You can target specific audiences with PPC for divorce lawyers, focusing your campaigns on people likely to be interested in your legal services.
- Quick results - divorce attorney PPC campaigns tend to show results faster than other forms of advertising.
- Greater reach - You can reach a much larger audience than you would with traditional advertising methods.
- Better ROI - As PPC ads cost less than traditional methods, they tend to deliver better returns on investment.
- More control over budgeting - With PPC ads, you have complete control over how much you spend on each ad.
- Measurable results - Through tracking tools, you can measure your divorce PPC campaigns' effectiveness in real time, allowing you to adjust your campaign as needed.
However, there are also some drawbacks to consider with PPC, such as:
- Potentially high costs – PPC campaigns can quickly become expensive if not managed properly.
- Competition – As more family law firms use PPC advertising, click competition increases, and prices rise.
- Time-consuming – Managing a successful family law firm PPC campaign requires time and effort to track and optimize your campaigns.
- Click fraud – Although rare, click fraud can be a problem for PPC advertisers. Thereby increasing advertising expenses, decreasing conversion rates, and distorting client data for law firm online marketing.
Facebook Divorce Ads
Facebook advertising is another popular option for family law advertising campaigns. The platform is in a similar position to Google; it has a huge reach. That makes it a great source for attracting prospective clients. It's also quick and cost-effective. Like Google, Facebook adverting for divorce attorneys uses the PPC model. The ads can appear in news feeds and on the right side of pages, giving you access to your target market. You can also choose from various formats such as photos, videos, links, Carousel Ads, etc.
Facebook divorce Ads offer features such as targeting options, budget control, tracking analytics, and detailed reports. Using the Ad Library, you can also view all active Ads running in any country or region.
- Facebook Ads are extremely cost-effective, often costing only a few cents per click.
- They also allow you to target specific audiences and demographics, so you can tailor your ads to reach the right people.
- They provide insights into how your divorce ads perform so that you can adjust and optimize them for better results.
Although Facebook divorce ads are cost-effective, they have a higher cost per impression than other forms of online advertising. Another disadvantage is that users can easily overlook the ads unless they are specifically looking for a divorce lawyer. Additionally, because of their targeting capabilities, it can be difficult for small businesses to compete with larger ones with more resources and bigger budgets. Lastly, since so many other legal advertisers are vying for attention, it can be hard to stand out and get noticed.
Bing Places for Divorce Attorneys
Bing Places is a local map-based directory similar to Google My Business and allows lawyers to get their business noticed online through a Business profile on Bing. It allows businesses to create a free profile, add their contact information and hours of operation, upload photos and videos, and link to their website or social media accounts.
By creating a comprehensive profile, users can be found more easily when potential clients search for divorce attorneys. Additionally, with Bing Ads, you can track performance, adjust bids, and monitor results in one place. With a few clicks, you can create an effective divorce attorney advertising campaign that will help you connect with potential customers looking for your services. So, how can you claim a Bing place profile and optimize it?
- On Bing Places for businesses, click ‘New user.’
- On the next page, you can import your existing profile from Google My Business, sync the listing, claim, or manually add your business.
- Choose your business types—small, chain, or online.
- Then, select the region of your business and add your law firm’s NAP.
Once the claim process is complete, you can add details to your profile, such as contact information, hours of operation, website URL, services offered, and photos or videos. You should also add relevant images, videos, and links to social media accounts to help your profile stand out from the competition. Finally, don't forget to regularly update your profile with new information to remain current and up-to-date.
Creating a Keyword Catalog for Divorce Attorneys
When it comes to keywords, it's important to be as specific as possible to target the right audience effectively. To ensure that your ads reach the right audience, you must narrow down the keywords to those most relevant to the specific niches of divorce attorneys.
In addition, make sure you're aware of negative keywords that can limit the reach of your pay-per-click divorce ad campaigns. Negative keywords are words or phrases related to divorce attorneys that should be excluded from your campaign. These could include search terms related to other areas of law or even phrases like ‘cheap’ or ‘free.’
For example, if you specialize in military divorces, you would want to include keywords like 'military divorce' or 'divorce attorney for veterans.' You would also want to exclude keywords like 'child support services' since those are irrelevant to your niche.
Additionally, many other divorce attorney niches should be taken into consideration when building out your keyword catalog, such as:
- Uncontested divorces
- High-asset divorces
- International divorces
- Collaborative divorce law
- Alimony and spousal support
- Prenuptial agreements
- Child custody and support
- Property division and equitable distribution
- Domestic violence
- Mediation and negotiation services
- Adoption and guardianship
- Guardianship disputes
- Enforcement and modification of court orders
- Separation agreements, and others.
Fortunately, there are tools available that can help you identify the best keywords for your particular niche and fine-tune your keyword selection. These keyword tools include Google Ads Keyword Planner, SEMrush, and Moz Keyword Explorer.
Writing Divorce Attorney Advertising Texts
When writing divorce attorney advertising texts, it's important to focus on the benefits your potential clients will receive from working with you. For example, if you have much experience handling complicated divorce cases, mention that in your ads. You can also highlight that you're able to provide personalized service and that you're always available to answer any questions your clients may have.
Some examples of effective divorce attorney advertising texts include:
- A divorce attorney who is experienced in handling complex divorce cases.
- A divorce attorney who has a proven track record of success.
- A divorce attorney who is passionate about helping clients achieve the best possible outcome.
You can also add the length of your experience or practice + your niches. For instance,
- ‘I have 5 years of experience helping clients with prenuptial agreements, child support and custody matters, spousal support issues, and property division.’
- ‘Our attorneys have decades of combined experience in the field of family law, providing the highest quality legal representation and knowledgeable advice in all areas of divorce, including child custody, asset division, alimony, and more.’
Online Family Law Ad Platforms
Choosing a platform that provides the ideal return on investment for a divorce lawyer is challenging. No law firm wants to spend money on a pay-per-click advertising campaign that doesn't lead to conversions. That's why it's important to start with some basic knowledge about key ad platforms for law firms.
Legal Directories for Family Law Attorneys
In addition to advertising law firms on Google and Facebook, many legal marketing teams will advise their clients to get listed on legal directories. This approach will boost your online visibility and help your law firm acquire more clients.
There are various ways to optimize your legal directories, like:
- Claiming your profile on several directories. You may enhance visibility and make it simpler for potential clients looking for your services to locate you by claiming your profile on various legal directories.
- Maintaining an up-to-date profile. Ensure that all of the information about you, such as your contact details, practice areas, experience, background, and achievements or awards, are accurate and up-to-date.
- Using keywords. To improve your search engine rankings, add relevant keywords to the practice area, bio, and profile description areas.
- Adding a few professional headshots. Your profile can become more pleasing to the eye and trustworthy when you upload professional photos.
- Getting reviews. Reviews allow potential clients to get an insight into your previous works and can help build trust with potential clients. You need to encourage past clients to leave reviews on your profile, as well as ask colleagues for peer reviews (where necessary).
- Showcasing your area of expertise. To distinguish yourself from other law firms or lawyers in your practice area, be sure to highlight any particular knowledge or experience you may have.
- Leaving a link to your website. Your website's traffic can increase and your directory profile's SEO can be improved by including a link to your website.
Avvo is an online directory that houses over 1.5 million attorneys, including family lawyers, with ratings from previous clients so that new clients can get an idea of each lawyer's service. It is a comprehensive directory of family law attorneys that allows potential clients to search by location, practice area, and experience.
Furthermore, AVVO provides a wealth of legal resources on family law topics such as divorce, child custody, adoption, and more, making it an invaluable tool for anyone needing a family law attorney.
Yelp is another great directory for finding family law firms, as it provides ratings and reviews from former clients. Yelp also offers detailed profiles of each attorney, which include your experience, information about your practice areas, business hours, map, and other important information. Yelp tries as much as possible to provide clients with honest, unbiased reviews of lawyers and practices.
Justia is another great resource for family law attorneys. It provides access to an extensive library of legal documents, including court opinions and statutes from all 50 states and the federal government.
Furthermore, includes your detailed practice areas, jurisdiction, experience, educational background, and professional association, making it easier for potential clients to find you. It allows past clients you have represented and peers who know you to leave a review.
YP.com is not industry specific but can be used by family law attorneys. You just have to claim your free listing and add your social media links, special offers, photo, law firm information, location & service hours, services, and certifications & credentials.
Divorce Attorney Advertising With Google My Business
For any divorce attorney looking to expand their reach and take advantage of the digital age, Google My Business (GMB) is an excellent tool. GMB is a free tool that allows businesses to share their contact information, business details, hours of operation, reviews, and more with potential clients searching for related services in their area.
To get started, you'll need to create and verify your profile, then populate it with accurate and detailed information about your services. You can also add images or videos to engage potential customers further. Once your profile is complete, monitor and respond to all customer feedback and reviews. This will help build trust and demonstrate your commitment to customer service. Requesting past clients' reviews by emailing them the link to your GMB profile is important.
Use keywords and phrases in your profile description to increase visibility and ensure your listing appears as often as possible when searching for divorce attorneys. Finally, consider creating additional content, such as Google posts and FAQs, to provide more information to potential clients and keep them engaged.
Family Law Firms Advertising on YouTube
With 2.6 million users, YouTube is the go-to platform for users to watch a video on a topic they want to know more about. The number of YouTube channels dedicated to family law services has grown significantly in recent years, with most of them offering viewers legal advice and resources. Family law firms may effectively spread their message and generate quality leads on YouTube due to its low cost per impression and high engagement rates.
So, how do you use YouTube?
Create a channel and post videos explaining the firm's services. The videos should be high quality and professional, looking to attract potential clients. The ads can be incorporated within videos posted on your channel as breaks or as shorts that quickly relay your ad message.
When you are about to post the video or shorts on YouTube, add relevant keywords in the thumbnail, description, or title. You can target these divorce lawyer ads to specific demographics and geographical areas.
Guest-Blogging as Divorce Lawyer Advertising Tool
Guest blogging is a form of content marketing in which you write content on a third-party website. This type of content often includes backlinks to the author's website, making it the best method to include your ads. For example, a lawyer could guest-blog about the latest developments in divorce law, provide tips to those considering a divorce, and include an advertisement about a special offer.
Also, guest blogging on other websites or blogs can generate backlinks to the lawyer’s website, driving more traffic and increasing its visibility in search engine results. Furthermore, guest blogging helps to establish a law firm’s reputation in the digital space, making them more visible to people searching for help with their divorce situations.
Getting Your Divorce Law Firm Website Ready
First impression matters a lot, so you need a well-designed website for your divorce law firm to create a positive impression and keep clients. Since it is the face of your firm, develop an effective website with careful consideration of the content, design, and structure of the site.
You should take several steps to ensure the divorce law firm website is ready for clients' visits.
- Develop a plan. Before launching your divorce law firm website, create a solid plan for the site's design, content, and purpose. This should include deciding who will create, manage, and update the website. Take the time to understand what other divorce law firms are doing with their websites, and create a plan for making yours stand out.
- Choose a domain name. Select an appropriate domain name that reflects your firm and can be easily remembered by potential clients. Research any existing trademarks so it doesn’t conflict with your choice.
- Purchase hosting services. Once you have decided on a domain name, purchase hosting services from a reliable provider to ensure your law firm website is always available online.
- Design the website. Take the time to create a visually appealing website that showcases your business and makes it easy for visitors to find information. Make sure to consider the needs of mobile users when designing the website.
- Add content. Create or acquire content explaining your firm’s services, fees, and contact information. Consider adding pictures, images, videos, client testimonials, blogs, and other content that will help attract new clients.
- Optimize for search engines. Ensure that search engine crawlers can index your website properly by optimizing the content, page titles, meta tags, and URLs.
- Test, test, and test! Try out all forms, links, and pages on your website to ensure they work properly.
- Include a call-to-action (CTA) on each page. A CTA can be as simple as prompting visitors to contact you for more information or encouraging them to sign up for a free consultation.
How Much Should You Spend on Family Law Firm Advertising?
The cost of advertising for family law firms vary depending on the medium you wish to use: digital or traditional. But traditional is more expensive. The law firm marketing budget will depend on the revenue of the law firm, which is dependent on the size and conversion (during the previous business year). The amount spent on advertising is usually at least 10% of the family law practice revenue.
For example, if your gross revenue goal is $200,000 and you want to be aggressive, you could budget $20,000. That would be 10%. Using that money wisely could attract enough potential clients to make that spending more than worthwhile.
Divorce Attorney Advertising: Final Thoughts
Bringing in more clients may be crucial, but so is running your firm. If you want to save time while you focus on other aspects of your law firm, you can opt for a professional law firm marketing agency like Grow Law Firm (GLF).
GLF offers comprehensive legal marketing services that will assist you in reaching potential clients, including social media management, search engine optimization, website development, and more. With our high-performance services, you can be sure that your family law ad strategy is tailored to bring you more clients and profit than ever.
- Get a clear picture of your firm's performance
- Boost your online presence
- Get a clear picture of your firm's performance
- Boost your online presence