Relationships are at the heart of any successful business. With clients relying on counsel for important legal matters, law firms need to stay closely connected through every step of the process. However, maintaining numerous customer connections can be challenging without the proper systems.
Today, over 78% of law firms utilize some form of customer relationship management (CRM) software to help streamline client communications and boost organization. A quality CRM solution centralizes contact records, calendars, files, and notes so that attorneys and their teams can dedicate full attention to legal work.
With the right system, any law practice can deepen bonds with its customer base while saving upwards of 15 hours per week previously spent arranging files. This guide evaluates the top 25 CRM platforms designed specifically for legal professionals' complex relationship management needs.
What Is CRM for Law Firms?
A client relationship management or CRM is a digital tool designed to organize interactions with potential and existing clients. It provides a centralized database to compile all customer information in one place. This includes contact details, past communications, orders, and payments.
Communication becomes simpler through features like calendars that sync schedules, mass email campaigns, and integrated tools like chatbots or portals. But that's not all. A good CRM tool will also offer a range of other benefits, such as:
- Improved client communication: With a client relationship management tool, you can easily track client interactions and communicate with them promptly and effectively.
- Increased efficiency: Streamlining your client data and communication will save time and reduce errors so that you can focus on higher-level tasks.
- Better decision-making: With all your client data in one place, you'll have a wealth of information at your fingertips to inform your business decisions.
Top 25 Best CRM Software for Law Firms
With a wide array of CRM solutions, selecting the right software can be daunting. We have curated a list of the top 25 CRM software specifically tailored to law firms' unique needs to simplify the decision-making process.
Clio is a leading cloud-based CRM software specifically designed for law firms. It offers a comprehensive suite of features tailored to the unique needs of various practice areas, including case management, document management, time tracking, billing, and client communication. With its user-friendly interface and robust integrations, Clio helps law firms streamline their operations, improve productivity, and deliver exceptional client service.
In terms of pricing, Clio offers different pricing plans to accommodate law firms of all sizes and needs. The pricing starts at $39 per user per month for their EasyStart plan, which includes essential features and goes as high as $129 for the Complete plan.
- Robust time tracking and billing features.
- Integrates with a wide range of third-party apps.
- Clio offers dedicated mobile apps for iOS and Android devices, allowing access to critical information on the go.
- Advanced features like document automation and custom reporting are only available in higher-priced plans.
- Certain customization options may require additional setup or assistance from Clio's support team.
2. Zoho CRM
ZOHO is a widely adopted CRM across various industries, including legal. Zoho CRM is a widely adopted customer relationship management solution that caters to businesses across various industries, including law firms. Zoho CRM provides law firms with tools to manage client relationships, track leads, automate workflows, and analyze sales data.
With its customizable modules and powerful automation capabilities, Zoho CRM allows law firms to tailor the software to their needs. The platform also integrates with other Zoho applications, such as Zoho Books for accounting and Zoho Desk for customer support, creating a seamless ecosystem for managing all aspects of client interactions.
Pricing begins at $12/user per month for the Standard package and stops at $45 for the Ultimate package.
- Affordable pricing plans.
- Integration with other Zoho applications provides a seamless experience across different business functions.
- Powerful automation capabilities streamline repetitive tasks and enhance productivity.
- Limited legal practice management capabilities.
- The user interface can be overwhelming for new users, requiring some time for onboarding and familiarization.
3. Law Ruler
Law Ruler is a comprehensive CRM software designed for law firms and professionals. With a focus on streamlining lead management and the client intake process, Law Ruler offers a range of features to enhance productivity and maximize conversion rates. The software integrates seamlessly with various marketing platforms, call-tracking systems, and case management tools, providing a centralized hub for managing leads, tracking communication, and automating follow-ups.
Law Ruler offers pricing options tailored to the specific needs of law firms. The pricing starts at $169 for the Pro plan and $212 for the Premium plan. You need to contact Law Ruler to know the price of the Enterprise plan.
- Customizable workflows and forms to fit your firm's unique needs.
- Integrated time tracking and billing capabilities.
- Limited marketing and sales capabilities compared to other CRMs.
- Not as widely used as some other CRM solutions, which may limit integrations and compatibility.
- It can be more expensive for smaller firms.
HubSpot is not a legal-specific CRM platform; it caters to various industries. HubSpot's CRM software gives law firms a centralized system to manage client relationships, track leads, and automate marketing and sales processes. The software offers a user-friendly interface and integrates seamlessly with HubSpot's suite of marketing, sales, and customer service tools. Law firms can leverage HubSpot's CRM to organize and track client interactions, automate email campaigns, manage documents, and gain valuable insights through analytics and reporting.
HubSpot provides various pricing plans, including a free CRM option with basic features. If you want additional features, it starts at $18 per month for the Starter plan and reaches up to $3600 for the Enterprise plan.
- Robust marketing and sales capabilities.
- Integrates with a wide range of third-party apps and tools.
- There is a free version suitable for solo practitioners. It is also good for firms that want to try the capabilities before they upgrade.
- To make use of better features, you need the paid versions.
- Limited customization options for law workflows and forms since it is not legal-specific.
Lawmatics is a legal-specific CRM designed especially for lawyers and law firms. It helps manage contacts, calendars, tasks, emails, and documents in one place. Some key features include client intake forms, matter management, document assembly, billing, and time tracking. It provides robust conflict checking and integrations with accounting software.
Pricing starts at $149 per user per month for the Basic plan and goes up to $1,149 for the premium plan.
- Legal-specific features tailored to meet the unique needs of law firms.
- Integrates with popular legal research tools for easy access to relevant case law and statutes.
- Streamlines workflow and helps law firms manage client relationships effectively.
- It may not be as customizable as other CRM options, so you need an API.
- Some users reported issues with the software's user interface.
SalesForce is a popular, cloud-based CRM that is not specific to the legal industry. However, it can still be a great option for law firms looking to manage their client relationships and workflow. SalesForce offers many features, including contact management, lead tracking, and marketing automation. It also integrates with various third-party apps, allowing law firms to customize the software to meet their specific needs.
The prices vary depending on the types of solutions you choose from. The starting price for all of them is $25. The price can go as high as $1,250.
- Customizable with a wide range of third-party apps.
- Cloud-based, allowing lawyers to access the software from anywhere there is an Internet connection.
- Not have legal-specific features, so a lot of legal-specific features are not available.
- The pricing is unclear since there are different types based on their services with varied prices.
- The price is not suitable for small law firms.
Kohezion is a highly customizable, low-code platform that allows law firms to build their own custom CRM system. With Kohezion, lawyers can create a tailored CRM solution that meets their specific needs without lengthy implementation times.
The platform facilitates team collaboration, centralized record management, and data visualization through built-in dashboards. These provide real-time insights into key performance metrics.
Kohezion's pricing starts at $150 per month for the Starter plan and goes up to $20,000 per month for full implementation of the custom CRM system.
- Highly customizable based on unique needs.
- Centralized records and data management.
- Collaboration and real-time insights capability.
- It can be quite expensive, even for larger law firms or those with complex workflows.
- It can be challenging to learn for users without extensive technical backgrounds, which may require additional training or support.
Pipedrive is a widely used CRM platform that caters to various industries, including law firms. While not legal-specific, it offers a range of features to manage leads and sales processes effectively. Pipedrive provides tools for team collaboration, reminders, lead segmentation, form creation, reporting, and dashboards.
Pipedrive offers different pricing plans to accommodate businesses of various sizes. Pipedrive's pricing starts at $9.90 for the Essential plan and goes up to $59.90 for the Enterprise plan.
- Inexpensive entry-level pricing.
- User-friendly interface for basic functions.
- Integration with over 400 apps for ease of use.
- Limited reporting and analytics tools.
- Not tailored specifically for case management.
Freshsales is an all-in-one CRM platform that caters to law firms and their customers, although it is not legal-specific. The platform combines AI-driven insights with personalized engagement strategies to help law firms shorten the sales cycle and focus on leads effectively. Freshsales offers automation features that streamline workflows, allowing users to automate tasks such as lead assignment, email communication, task management, and more.
Freshsales provides a free version for up to three users, making it a cost-effective option for smaller law firms. The paid version starts at €15 and goes up to €69.
- AI-powered insights and recommendations.
- There is a free version that small firms and solo attorneys can take advantage of.
- Easier communication with built-in phone, email, and messaging.
- Limited integration options.
- Numerous users have expressed their dissatisfaction with the inconsistent support provided.
InterAction is a customer relationship management platform designed for law firms and legal teams. It utilizes passive data capture and Microsoft integrations to gain strategic insights into client relationships. The system offers tools to organize contacts, ensure compliance, and standardize operations across different teams.
InterAction does not list pricing on its site, as it offers multiple levels of subscriptions that can be mixed and matched to create a customized experience based on the user's needs.
- Integration with Microsoft tools like Outlook.
- It offers a customized experience based on the user's needs, making it a flexible solution for law firms.
- InterAction does not list pricing on its site, which may make it difficult for law firms to determine the cost.
- Law firms must have a good understanding of how to use the reporting tools to use InterAction's data.
OnePageCRM is a straightforward CRM system designed specifically for small businesses. It offers workflow automation, contact management, sales pipeline, CRM reporting, team collaborations, and email send and receive.
OnePageCRM offers two pricing plans — a Professional plan is priced at $9.95 per month and a Business plan available for $19.95 per month.
- User-friendly interface that prompts useful actions.
- Good balance of flexibility and speed for prospects.
- Affordable pricing suitable for smaller teams.
- It may lack customization options for complex needs.
- Restricted integration options.
Copper CRM is a platform that seamlessly integrates with Google Workspace, providing law firms with a unified CRM and productivity solution.
Pricing begins at $25 per month for the Basic plan and scales up to $119 for the Business plan based on contact limit and features.
- Excellent Google apps and productivity tools integration.
- User-friendly design optimized for core functions.
- Competitively priced for basic capabilities.
- Limited functionalities for specialized needs.
- Specialized support and customizations come at a premium.
- Some users report billing and payment issues.
SugarCRM is a comprehensive CRM platform that combines sales, marketing, and service activities for law firms. It offers features such as Marketing Automation, Sales Automation, Customer Service, and Enhanced Forecasting. SugarCRM automates various tasks and processes, allowing law firms to streamline operations and improve efficiency.
SugarCRM starts at $40 per month for the Sell plan and goes up to $1,000 monthly for the Market plan.
- Centralizes key functions in a single portal.
- Automates repetitive workflows and tasks.
- Wide range of built-in tools and analytics.
- Expensive for elaborate customizations.
- Not exclusively tailored for the legal industry.
Insightly is a powerful CRM platform that focuses on building lasting customer relationships. It offers a range of features, including marketing automation, customer service management, and integration tools. Insightly provides functionalities that can benefit law firms in managing their client base and enhancing collaboration.
The pricing starts at $99 per user per month for the Plus plan and goes up to $999 per user per month for the Enterprise plan. The pricing is based on a package with 2000 prospects, and additional costs may apply based on the desired number of prospects.
- Robust integration capabilities.
- Powerful marketing automation capabilities.
- Easy to use and customize.
- Have to pay more if you want more prospects.
- Limited legal-specific features compared.
Formerly known as Infusionsoft, Keap is a CRM platform that offers a range of features, including marketing automation, lead management and capture, email and text marketing, sales automation, reporting, and more. Keap aims to help law firms automate their marketing and sales processes, improve customer interactions, and drive business growth.
Keap CRM offers two known pricing plans, Pro and Max. The Pro plan is priced at $159 monthly, while the Max plan is available for $229 monthly. For pricing details on the Max Classic plan, you have to contact Keap's team directly.
- Offers a range of features that help law firms streamline their operations and improve customer relationships.
- Integrates with many other apps and tools to enhance functionality.
- Limited legal-specific features.
- Higher pricing for larger prospects.
16. Vtiger CRM
Vtiger CRM provides an all-in-one platform for marketing, sales, support, and analytics. It offers sales funnel monitoring, relationship tracking, communication tools, helpdesk solutions, and marketing automation.
The price starts at $12 per user per month for the One Growth plan and goes up to $42 monthly for the One Enterprise plan. However, it's important to note that these prices are based on a per-user basis. If you require additional users, the price will be multiplied by the number of users, which can significantly impact the overall cost.
- Wide variety of integrated sales and support functionality.
- Marketing automation for targeted campaigns and lead nurturing.
- The user-based model increases costs for larger teams.
- Complex pricing can confuse calculations.
- Not exclusively tailored for legal practices.
17. OnSite CRM
OnSite CRM is a lead management platform that aims to streamline sales processes, provide operational clarity, and enhance performance using artificial intelligence. It incorporates features such as contact administration, automated outreach, document e-signing, and reporting capabilities.
The pricing for OnSite CRM is not publicly available, so you need to contact the OnSite CRM team for a quote.
- Automated lead management for an efficient sales process.
- AI tools for greater insights and success.
- Customizable solutions to meet the specific needs of law firms.
- No public pricing information.
- There is very little information about the CRM.
Captorra is a legal-specific CRM that helps law firms manage and optimize every interaction, from a lead's initial contact to the successful resolution of their matter. It offers client acquisition, contact management, matter management, referral management, business analytics, and ROI management features.
You need to contact the Captorra team directly to obtain pricing information for their services.
- Legal-specific features for managing client intake and matter management.
- Streamlines the client acquisition process.
- Provides business analytics and ROI management for better decision-making.
- No public pricing information.
- Difficulty contacting the support team.
While not legal-specific, Intapp provides cloud-based solutions to streamline operations for professional services organizations. It offers billing, conflict, deal and relationship, document, employee compliance, and client intake solutions.
As with Captorra, Intapp requires contact with support teams to discuss available plans and costs.
- Cloud-based solution for easy accessibility and collaboration.
- Offers a wide range of features for law firms even though it is not legal-specific.
- The price information is not available on the website.
- May require additional setup and customization for law firms.
AbacusNext is a cloud-based CRM software that caters specifically to the needs of law firms. It provides comprehensive features for lead management, allowing law firms to efficiently handle cases, accounts, legal calendaring, scheduling, billing, and more. With its legal-specific focus, AbacusNext provides functionalities tailored to the unique requirements of legal professionals.
CARET Legal, AbacusLaw, and Amicus Attorney. The pricing for the CARET Legal plan starts at $79 per user per month. For the pricing details of the other two plans, you have to contact a representative from AbacusNext.
- Legal-specific features for managing cases and calendaring.
- Cloud-based solution for easy accessibility.
- Need to contact support for the price of the other two plans.
- Reporting may not be good enough for most law firms.
CASEpeer is a legal-specific case management software designed exclusively for personal injury law firms. It streamlines business operations and increases productivity by providing features for case management, practice management, client experience, and reporting.
The software's starting price is $69 per user per month for the Basic plan, and it goes up to $129 per user per month for the Advanced plan.
- Comprehensive legal practice and client tools.
- Manages all key information and details of cases and contacts.
- Limited to a certain practice area — personal injury.
- Can get expensive if a law firm has so many users.
CosmoLex CRM is a law firm CRM software designed to help law firms streamline client intake, track prospective clients, and keep current clients engaged and returning for legal services. It is priced at $89 per user/month.
- Legal-specific features for client management.
- Streamlines client intake and engagement.
- Affordable pricing
- Limited integration options.
- Inefficient and time-consuming data entry.
LawGro provides AI-powered time tracking and administrative solutions tailored to legal professionals. It helps automate billing tasks while enhancing internal collaborations.
The starter plan begins at $29 per month. For more information on pricing for its enterprise-level offerings, firms can consult directly with LawGro representatives.
- AI-based timekeeping for accurate billing.
- Comprehensive training and support included.
- Affordable pricing for solo practitioners and small law firms.
- Complex document generation process.
- Steep learning curve.
LeanLaw is a legal-specific CRM designed to help law firms thrive by providing trust accounting, advanced reporting, matter management, reports and compensation tracking, time tracking, and billing solutions.
It offers two plans — LeanLaw Core and LeanLaw Pro. The LeanLaw Core plan is priced at $40 per user per month, while the LeanLaw Pro plan is $55 monthly.
- Intuitive and straightforward interface.
- Well-suited for solos or small firms.
- Has limited interoperability with other apps.
- Reporting and analytics capabilities are not sophisticated.
Litify is a comprehensive CRM built on the Salesforce platform, offering law firms everything they need to operate efficiently and provide excellent client service. The platform includes features such as intake management, document management, document generation, email, timekeeping, billing, and referrals.
The price of the software's plan is not available on the website, so you need to contact sales personnel for pricing information.
- Leverages Salesforce's robust infrastructure in terms of scalability, security, and integration capabilities.
- Highly customizable to specific workflows.
- Lack of pricing transparency.
- Potential migration complexity.
Crucial Features of Legal CRM Software
A CRM system can be incredibly valuable for any law firm by helping foster stronger client relationships and smoother operations. When selecting software, it's important to consider an option that supports your specific needs and is user-friendly for both attorneys and staff.
Make sure you choose a CRM that:
- Is user-friendly and intuitive, with cloud-based access so you can use it from anywhere.
- Offers top-notch onboarding support to get you up and running quickly.
- Integrates seamlessly with these tools to streamline your workflow.
- Offers automation options to help you stay on top of your workload.
- Provides high-quality customer support to help you resolve any issues that may arise.
- Fits within your budget without sacrificing the features you need.
Grow Law Firm Can Help You Implement Effective CRM Tools
Running a law firm without a CRM is like cooking dinner without ingredients - you lack the essentials to succeed. Law firm CRMs empower you to track potential clients, centralize communication, and provide excellent service. Yet selecting the right software in the CRM market involves weighing endless options catering to different industries, specializations, and budgets.
Grow Law Firm prides itself on helping practices transform innovative ideas into reality. As a full-service digital marketing agency, our consultants can guide you through selecting and setting up the right legal CRM solution seamlessly. Contact Grow Law Firm today to discuss how effective CRM deployment drives meaningful results for your clients and case management.